1.13.2009

Painted Panel for "The London Cuckolds"

And now for something a little different..

The following pictures are of a large muslin panel that I painted for the show "The London Cuckolds." I just thought it would be interesting to see the progression from start to finish.

Note: The show has not opened yet so I don't have a final photo. I will post it when the show is up.

This is the designer, Leah Pettis', 1/2" rendering, the final panel is about 24' tall:
Outline on stretched muslin:
First gray wash:
Color goes in:
Darker gray wash goes in, I also punched some of the color at this point, so that it doesn't wash out on stage:
Very dark contouring added in:
The final step was to outline the pattern in a black that washed into the dark gray. That will be seen in the final photos I post at a later date. All in all, I wold say that these photos represent about 20 hours of work. Here is the rendering once more to compare:

1 comment:

  1. So Cool!!!! It all looks great, John! We just took a look before our Board meeting!

    ReplyDelete